Welcome to our media center! We are here to serve the faculty and students and to support the school’s mission and curriculum. The media center’s mission is to provide access to educational materials which enrich and supplement the curriculum, to educate and equip students to become lifelong learners and effective users of ideas and information, so they can change the world for God’s glory. Students and staff are encouraged to use the media center for research, reading, and study.
Library Hours are Monday- Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Louise Holmes Jones Library holdings include over 21,000 fiction, non-fiction and reference books, 50 print periodical subscriptions, and multiple databases including GALILEO.
Media Center Contacts:
Elementary Summer Reading List
- Students must select one from the A/R list, one from the Faculty Selection List, and read the ones required by their English class
- Sixth grade: Night Divided
Seventh grade: Prince
Eighth grade: The Outsiders
- Students must select one from the A/R list (except Seniors), one from the Faculty Selection List, and read the ones required by their English class (see below)
- Ninth grade:Fahrenheit 451
Ninth grade Honors: Anthem
Tenth grade: The Pearl
Tenth grade Honors: The Lord of the Flies
Eleventh grade: Solo & The Over-Achievers
Twelfth grade: How to Read Literature Like a Professor & The Road
- Assignments for required English class books:
Media Center Student Links: