First Presbyterian Day School is fully accredited by
- AdvancED (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools)
- The Southern Association of Independent Schools
- The Association of Christian Schools International (Exemplary Accreditation)
- Council of Educational Standards and Accountability.
In addition to College Board, GHSA, GISA, GSCA, and SACAC, our school holds membership in the National Association of College Admission Counselors and complies with their Statement of Principles of Good Practice.
The school also holds membership in professional subject area organizations such as NCTM, NSTA, IRA, SHAPE, ISTE, NCSS as well as the Educational Records Bureau.
- Faculty at accredited schools must be well-qualified and involved in ongoing professional learning.
- The school must maintain a program that is consistent with its beliefs and mission as a school and must be committed to a process of continual research-based improvement that focuses on student achievement.
- Student academic credits earned at one regionally accredited institution are automatically accepted at any other.
- Accredited schools verify compliance with standards annually and host a peer review team every five years that validates the school’s compliance and the progress the school has made in school improvement. FPD’s last peer review visit occurred in 2018.