First Presbyterian Day School provides an exceptional Christ-centered, college-preparatory education for students in the Middle Georgia community. That top-quality education entails tuition. The majority of FPD tuition goes toward hiring the best faculty and staff to teach, engage and inspire our students each and every day.
Tuition should not be the initial determining factor in applying for admission at FPD. An educational experience at First Presbyterian Day School is a wonderful foundation for any student. We strive to work with families to make this opportunity available and accessible.
Did you know….?
- 40% of FPD’s students receive some level of need-based financial aid.
- Median student award is 31% of published tuition (Grades 1-12)
- Financial aid decisions are made separately from admissions decisions.
- Factors that impact award decisions: Estimated need as determined by FAST, our third-party financial needs assessment service. The total amount of available financial aid funds. The number of applicants applying for financial aid.
- Factors that DO NOT impact award decisions: Applicant Profile, Academic, Extra-curricular
Using a 529 Plan
A 529 plan is a tax-advantage savings plan, authorized by the IRS, designed to help pay for education. It’s available to any citizen or taxpayer, and just about anyone can help contribute to the plan, including grandparents, other family members and friends.
A 529 savings plan can help you save more of your education-earmarked money over time. Any earnings grow free from federal tax, and many states offer a state income tax deduction or tax credit for contributions. In the State of Georgia, contributions are deductible up to $8,000 per year per beneficiary for joint filers, and $4,000 per year per beneficiary for all others. Qualified withdrawals are not subject to Georgia income tax. Non-qualified withdrawals may be subject income tax. You should consult a qualified advisor about how withdrawals may affect your circumstances.
Get More Information About an Education at FPD