It has been a blessing over the last 10 years to watch the growth of the arts at FPD, to be part of a faculty of artists who are not only master teachers but are also outstanding practitioners of their arts.
The majority of our programs are housed in the newly renovated Clark Fine Arts Center which features:
- A 500-seat, professionally equipped proscenium theatre
- Visual art class rooms with kilns for pottery and a professional darkroom for the photography program
- Band room
- A 45-seat black box theatre/classroom
- A shop for use in building theatre sets and art projects
- A state-of-the-art Mac Lab used for photography, journalism, and broadcast production
- Professional dance studio
I love walking the halls of the Clark Fine Arts Center and seeing the outstanding artwork on the walls and in the display cabinets, listening to the music coming from one of our many bands and choruses, or witnessing the grace and power of our dancers. God has blessed our students with so many artistic talents, giving them a taste of His own creativity. I appreciate being part of a school that recognizes these talents and supports the efforts of students to refine their skills and use them for the glory of God.
FPD’s commitment to the arts can be seen in the beautiful expansion to the fine arts building. I invite you to take my favorite walk through these hallways – or join us for one of our many performances and exhibitions.
Dr. Andrew Strickland