Welcome to Camp Trailblazer, the all-new, full-day summer camp option at First Presbyterian Day School for students going into 1st – 6th grade! Camp Trailblazer is a new addition to the over 35 half-day summer camps available at FPD through the Center for Discovery.
FPD is looking forward to hosting campers for outdoor exploration, art & crafts, creative play, S.T.E.M. exploration, devotional time, and other exciting summer fun! Like all of our FPD Center for Discovery camps, Camp Trailblazer will be open to FPD families and the community, so share with friends.
“Camp Trailblazer supplements our current half-day Center for Discovery summer camps and provides an option for parents who are needing full day care and summer fun for their 1st-6th grade children,” says program director, Elizabeth Leslein. “FPD’s 240 acre campus creates the perfect setting for an outdoor-focused camp,” says Leslein. “With multiple indoor and outdoor venues, we are able to accommodate students in small groups while still following social distancing guidelines. We are excited to offer Camp Trailblazer for 1st-6th grade students as well as our other Center for Discovery summer camps.”
May 26 – August 7
$130/week for 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
$143/week for 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
$115/week for students participating in a Center for Discovery half-day camp and needing care before and/or after
No camp the week of June 29.
We encourage campers to sign up by Wednesday of the week preceding camp. This allows us to adequately staff our camps and to ensure that the minimums for each summer camp has been met.
Summer Care for 3K – Kindergarten
FPD also offers full day, summer care for FPD-enrolled students in 3K – Kindergarten through the Viking Clubhouse. For more information on that visit www.fpdmacon.org/vikingclubhouse.
Summer Camps for 3K – Middle School
FPD offers over 35 summer camps this summer, starting May 26. These half-day programs include opportunities in art, athletics, and academics. For more information, visit www.fpdmacon.org/centerfordiscovery.
Safety precautions that will be in place:
- Temperature checks each morning
- Small class sizes that fall in line with guidelines set by the Governor
- Hand Sanitizing stations are every door and entrance
- Masks optional for students
- Carpool drop-off and pick-up to limit the number of visitors in the building each day
- School personnel administers sign-in and sign-out log book to limit contact with others
- Cleaning of high touch areas multiple times throughout the day- bathrooms, doors, desks, counters, sinks, etc.
- Daily sanitation of desks, cubbies, cots, toys with enhanced cleaning products
- Personal crayons and supplies given to students so that they do not share those items with others
- Training students daily in how to wash hands and open doors using towels and other safety measures
- No water fountain stations will be used.
- Lunches and water bottles will continue to be brought from home
FPD will have extensive safety precautions in place. However, if camps must be cancelled due to COVID-19 precautions, parents will be notified and full refunds will be issued.