Honors Scholarship Information
The First Presbyterian Day School Honors Scholarship is an academic scholarship for new rising third, sixth, or ninth graders. In the tradition of academic scholarships found at colleges and universities, the FPD Honors Scholarship intends to attract the most exceptional students from Middle Georgia to FPD’s Elementary School, Middle School, and High School programs.
FPD may award up to three (3) Honors Scholarships each year to rising third, sixth, or ninth grade applicants. This award amount is variable and is renewable each year to those scholarship recipients who maintain a FINAL grade of 90 or above in each academic class.
For other information about the Honors Scholarship, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Timeline for 2023-2024
Please submit information and complete each step by the following dates.
March 1-Nomination Form Submitted and Admission Application Submitted with all required documents
March 4-Testing at FPD, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
March 31-Shadow Visit & Interview completed
April 21-Honors Scholarship winners notified by email
1. Nomination – Candidate is nominated by an adult outside the student’s immediate family (i.e. a pastor, current or former teacher, school principal or guidance counselor, family friend, or FPD graduate) by having them email a letter of recommendation to email@example.com. This letter should speak to the student’s character and citizenship.
2. Apply for Admission – The nominee’s parent or guardian must apply for admission for the nominee. The online application is found at fpdmacon.org/apply . Please note that you are applying for the Honors Scholarship in the notes section when answering the question of “Why you want to attend FPD.
3. Submit Documents – The nominee’s parent or guardian must submit the following completed documents:
-a copy of the student’s most recent standardized testing,
-an unofficial school transcript (report cards for incoming 3rd grade) including his/her first semester grades,
-recommendations from the nominee’s current English and math teachers,
-a copy of his/her disciplinary record,
-a copy of his/her attendance record,
-a photo of the student.
4. Complete Testing – All nominees are required to take the FPD Admissions test on Saturday, March 4, 2023. Testing will be administered on FPD’s campus from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Nominees should report to FPD’s Media Center at 8:45 a.m.
5. Schedule a Shadow Visit – If the nominee is still deemed eligible after the application and testing are complete, they are required to complete a Shadow Visit by March 31, 2023. This visit will allow the nominee to “shadow” a current student to experience FPD. Shadow dates may be scheduled with Tammy Jones in our Admissions Office. During the shadow visit, the nominee will also sit for an interview with the respective principal. The interview may be video recorded to be reviewed by the selection committee.
6. Recommendation Letters – The recommendation letters from an English & Math teacher must be submitted to the FPD Admissions Office by March 31, 2023. They should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Notifications – The Scholarship Committee will email notifications by April 21, 2023
Kris Vaughn, Director of Admissions – Kris.Vaughn@fpdmacon.org
Tammy Jones, Enrollment Coordinator – Tammy.Jones@fpdmacon.org