Out of an abundance of caution and due to the possible impacts of Hurricane Ian, FPD will modify several events scheduled for this week.
- Friday’s football game against Commerce High School has been moved to Thursday at 7 p.m. No Viking Walk will be held, and Friday morning’s Pep Rally is canceled.
- Homecoming Court, the Alumni Tailgate, and the presentation of Alumni Awards scheduled for Friday have been moved to the Friday, October 28, home game versus Tattnall.
- Thursday’s elementary play performance of “The 33 Little Pigs” has been canceled. Please plan to attend tonight’s show at 7 p.m. or the school performance at 1 p.m. Wednesday. We are excited to offer a video-recorded version of the show that will be available at a later date.
- Thursday’s middle school volleyball tournament has been postponed. We will communicate the new date as soon as it is confirmed.
- Thursday’s JV softball game at Stratford will start at 3 p.m., and the varsity softball game will begin at 4:30 p.m.
Please know that these decisions were made for the safety of Viking Nation as well as our opponents and visitors to campus.
We will continue to monitor the forecast of the storm and will communicate any other changes to events and activities if necessary.