FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Thursday, August 13, 2020 – Half Day
Where to go on the first day:
In order to aid in social distancing, first day instructions are different. Instead of first day assemblies, students will report directly to their classrooms. In addition, arrival times are staggered for preschool students, based on parent’s last name. Start-of-year assemblies will be split by grade level and hosted on different days.
- Grades – 1 – 12:
- Arrive between 7:45 – 8:15 a.m.
- Elementary Drop-off at Elementary Carpool
- Middle School Drop-off at Administrative Building or Upper School Building
- High School Drop-off at Upper School Building
- Parents may walk students to class. If walking to class, parents should park in soccer parking lot.
- Mask should be worn by parents, middle school, and high school students. Temperatures will be taken on everyone.
- Dismissal at 11:45 (Grades 1 – 5) and 12:15 (Grades 6 – 12)
- Grades – 3K – K: First day drop-off time based on last name initial & grade. If dropping off multiple students in preschool, parents may do so at the time for the oldest student. For example, if you have a student in 3K and kindergarten, you may drop off your 3K student right after you drop off your kindergarten student.
- Kindergarten (A – M): 7:45 a.m. – 7:55 a.m.
- Kindergarten (N – Z): 7:55 a.m. – 8:05 a.m.
- PreK (A – M): 8:10 a.m. – 8:20 a.m.
- PreK (N – Z): 8:20 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- 3K (A – M): 8:35 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
- 3K (N – Z): 8:45 a.m. – 8:55 a.m.
- Early Arrival: Students may arrive as early as 7:30 a.m. Elementary students arriving between 7:30 a.m. – 7:45 a.m. should go to the FPD Media Center. Middle School & High School students arriving between 7:30 a.m. – 7:45 a.m. should go to the Middlebrooks Athletic Center lobby. Temperatures will be taken prior to entry.
First Day of School Morning Traffic
First day traffic is busier than normal school days. Please plan appropriately. Likewise, morning drop-off may take a little longer than usual as we help students with temperature checks. We thank you for your patience.
First Day Dismissal
3K – 5th: 11:45 a.m.
6th – 12th: 12:15 p.m.
Elementary Meet & Greet, August 12:
As part of our COVID safety precautions, we are revising our Lower School Meet & Greet. Meet & Greet time slots are divided by PARENT LAST NAME to limit the number of families in each classroom at a time.
A – E: 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
F – J: 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
K – O: 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
P – S: 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
T – Z: 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This year, FPD’s lunch options will be served a la carte. For a menu and more details visit the FPD Dining page.
School-wide Open House Events:
Instead of our on-campus Open House events, FPD will host a school-wide Virtual Open House at a later date. More information will be available soon.
VPA Volunteer Form
FPD’s Viking Parent Ambassadors (VPA) are always looking for great parent volunteers throughout the school year. This is also a great way for parents to meet other Viking parents and get involved! Download a list of volunteer opportunities for the 2020-2021 school year.
Viking Store Spirit Shirt
Substance Abuse Form – Required for 6th-12th grade
5th – 12th Grade Tablet Contract – Required for 5th-12th grade.
1st – 5th Grade School Supply Order Form and List(if not purchased through the Viking Store)
Middle School Supply List
School supplies available at the Viking Store. The Viking Store is open during the summer on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Summer Reading Information