The Board of Trustees and the Head of School Search Committee are very pleased to provide the FPD Family with an update on the search process.
- At the beginning of May, the FPD Head of School Search Committee met with our search firm partner, CarterBaldwin Executive Search, to develop the Head of School search profile. CarterBaldwin was present on the FPD campus to gain insight into our culture, our people, our programs and our mission.
- A position description was created that was then announced to CarterBaldwin’s national K-12 database on May 28th. It was sent to 1,760 people and had a 48.4% open rate (list average is 43.6%). To date, the FPD Head of School opportunity has been uniquely viewed by over 600 people via this announcement.
- CarterBaldwin then built their own outreach list of 150 prospects that would potentially fit what FPD is looking for in this next leader and attempted their direct outreach.
- Candidates have been invited into a confidential process and submitted application materials in the form of a Letter of Interest and their Resume/CV.
- Earlier today, the FPD Search Committee met to identify the most likely short-list of candidates. From that list, we have identified a handful of highly qualified prospects. The credentials of the semi-finalists are impressive, reflective of significant leadership experience and track records of success in Christian education.
- Over the next 6 weeks, CarterBaldwin will travel to interview the semi-finalists directly.
- By mid-September, we will reconvene as a search committee to identify those candidates that we will invite to interview face-to-face with the search committee.
- We are hopeful to make a hire in November with a public announcement then made in conjunction with the appointed Head of School’s desired timing.
The Search Committee will continue to keep the FPD family informed as the search process moves forward. In the meantime, we continue to ask for your prayers for our next Head of School and the entire selection process in the coming weeks/months.