Beginning in January 2019, FPD will offer Homeschool Connections, select programs offered during the school day for homeschool students in kindergarten through 6th grade.
- Junior Explorers – Kindergarten through 2nd grade. Wednesdays, January 23, February 20, March 20, April 24, May 15. Time: 9 a.m. – 11 am. Led by Mrs. Shannon Bryant, Elementary Science Lab Instructor.
- Super Scientists – 3rd through 6th grade. Fridays, January 18, February 8, March 8, April 12, May 10. Time: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Led by Mrs. Shannon Bryant, Elementary Science Lab Instructor.
- Coding & Keyboarding Club – 3rd through 6th grade. Wednesdays, January 23, February 20, March 20, April 24, May 15. Time: 9 a.m. – 11 am. Led by Lyn Brumbelow, Elementary Technology Instructor.
- Group Guitar and Ukulele Lessons – Various ages and days. Led by Community Instructor John Hughey.
- Viking Tennis Academy – Various ages and days
Classes are priced individually so homeschool families can select options that best suit their schedule and interests.
“These opportunities are just the beginning,” said Wade Putnal, FPD Elementary Principal. “We recognize that many of our community homeschool families are looking for opportunities. We are hoping to expand upon these options in the years to come.”
Homeschool families are also invited to attend monthly elementary chapels as well as school theatre productions, concerts, and events. After-school options through FPD’s Center for Discovery are also available. Spring Center for Discovery option will include favorites such as chess and robotics as well as new options such as sign language. More details about FPD’s spring Center for Discovery programs will be announced soon.